Thursday, January 31, 2008

Talking to the birds

One evening I was looking for a baby dove to put him into the cage overnight, when I saw the robin on a low branch. Mentally I asked the robin "where is the baby" I did not really expect it to talk, I don't know why I did that. The robin hopped onto another branch not far from where I was standing and looked calmly back at me. Then I noticed the female sitting on the same branch about waste level and their baby between them.

My cat ate a baby bird the other day; I thought it might be a baby robin. When I saw the robin sitting on the washing line, I mentally asked it where is your baby. The robin flew towards the bougainvillea bush. Hovered over a branch. Underneath it the female was sitting. Then the female then flew into the bush as is she was showing me her new nest. That also means that I was right. The cat did eat a baby robin.

-------

No comments: