Thursday, August 2, 2007

dead chick

30-07-2007
This morning we found the body of a nearly fully grown chick under the nests. It must have frozen to death or the very cold weather caused the mother to stop feeding the chick. I noticed the chick was not noisy yesterday morning when the mother tried to feed it.
I do not know where the female is. Perhaps the chick was thrown out of the nest because the cat ate the female.
Since the birds are breeding in the winter of food, we are putting apples out for the fruit eating birds. The white eyes and another black bird, I call him flathead comes to eat the apple. They literally have an apple a day. My dog, sock is not happy because he used to eat half my apple. now the bird gets it. Sock just have to be content with a biscuit instead.
Global warming is confusing the birds.

No comments: